Sunday, September 2, 2012

Duct tape...

I made a couple more projects for my classroom.  First I had seen an idea on Pinterest that you use scrapbooking paper on the sides of magazine files and then duct tape on the seams.  If I was going to do that, I was going to laminate the paper because I wouldn't want it to rip throughout the year.  
The ones I had were falling apart and were ripped in some places... They looked like this:

 
So... I tried to make one like this... 



By covering the whole thing with duct tape.  I really liked the way they look and decided to continue.  It took 10 rolls of duct tape to make 22 of these... and it was a lot of cutting with sticky scissors, cuts, and hand cramps... but they look GREAT!!!!  I hope the kids really like them.  They are going to be really study too for them to be moved around during the Daily 5.  

2 comments:

  1. Yes, they did and I am using them in my classroom this year too. The only "damage" is that I had them on the windowsill in my classroom and the backs of them faded from the sun. As far as the duct tape goes, they more than survived my fourth graders using them for the whole school year. For their names I used scrapbooking paper in bright colors from Wal-Mart and cut circles, wrote their names and laminated them for the front of their literacy box. I'm sorry it took a little while to get back to you! Thanks for asking! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)