Thursday, June 21, 2012

Foil Pack Chicken


This is what I made tonight for dinner.  I got the idea for Foil Pack Chicken from Pinterest.  It is very simple.  

You will need:
Chicken
A box of Stovetop Chicken Stuffing
Broccoli
Bacon pieces or bits
Shredded cheddar cheese
Ranch dressing
Foil (the non-stick kind or use non-stick cooking spray)



The recipe I saw was for four pieces of chicken, but I modified it to be two.  First, you need to lay out fairly large pieces of foil.  (I used non-stick, but if you don't, be sure to spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray.)  Next, you will need a box of Stovetop Chicken Stuffing.  Mix it in a bowl with a cup of water.  Place a layer of stuffing in the middle of each piece of foil (If you are cooking for two, depending on how much you use, you probably will have some left over).  Next, place a boneless chicken breast on top of the stuffing.  I have made this recipe with full sized pieces and I have also cut them diagonally.  It makes for a smaller serving size and less cooking time if you decide to cut them.  Next you put a layer of broccoli.  (I use the $0.89 box of frozen Hannaford store brand broccoli.  I just rinse it enough so that I can cut it into pieces.)  Next, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese.  Then, sprinkle some bacon pieces on top.  (I use the bags of Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits.)  Then, finally, drizzle ranch dressing on top.  Fold up the sides of the foil to be airtight and also so there is room around the chicken so that air can circulate.  Place on a cookie sheet and place in a preheated 375 degree oven.  If you cut your chicken breasts, or they are smaller, it should take around 35-40 minutes.  If you are using whole chicken breasts, it will take about an hour.  Be careful opening the foil, the steam comes out quickly!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)