Sunday, December 2, 2012

Easy Skillet Chicken Parm

 
 
 
Chicken Parm
 
 
I found this recipe on Pinterest.  I had some chicken that I wanted to use and was craving pasta.  I seached on Pinterest and found a really easy/fast recipe for Chicken Parm.  Here it is:
 
 
You'll need:
Boneless, skinless chicken
Spaghetti or marinara sauce
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/3 c. Breadcrumbs
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
pasta of your choice
 
The recipe I got this from called for 4 chicken breasts, but I had 2- one big and one small, that I made into 3. 
 
*Before I started cooking the chicken, I started the water for the pasta because the chicken doesn't take long to cook.  :-)
 
1. Mix the breadcrumbs (I used Italian Style), Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic salt together in a shallow bowl. 
2. In another shallow bowl beat the egg with a fork until bubbly. 
3.  It said to wrap the chicken in plastic wrap and gently pound it with a mallet to flatten it. 
(I already had my chicken in a ziplock bag so I let he air out so it wouldn't pop when I hit it and left it in there to flatten.)  They said about a half inch would be best.  Mine ended up being a little thicker than that.   
4.  Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, being careful to coat it, and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place all pieces of chicken into the skillet with the olive oil it in, on medium heat.
6.  Cook for about 5 minutes on each side so that they are cooked through. 
 
 
 
7.  Turn heat to low and spoon sauce on top of each piece of chicken.  Then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. 
8.  Cover and cook for another 3 or so minutes until the cheese is melted.  


 
Serve over pasta. 


 
I used fettuccine and I also made Pepperidge Farm mozzarella garlic bread to go with it. 

It was really fast, easy, and tasty! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)