Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ribbon Bookmarks for Writer's Notebooks

 
 
I got this wonderful idea from Pinterest too! :-)  In the past students have taken up valuable time flipping through their Writer's Notebook to find where they were last.  This idea solves that problem! 
 
So... I ordered this package of polka dot ribbon from Hobby Lobby online because we don't have one around here...
 
 
I let the kids each pick the color they wanted at school.  I brought home my list and got to work.  I cut each piece about 4-5 inches longer than the length of the composition notebooks.  So about 13-14 inches long. 
 
I opened the notebooks to the inside of the back cover.  About an inch away from the binding I laid the ribbon upside down on the back cover.  I didn't take a picture at this point, and should have.  I had it so there about an inch and a half to two inches of ribbon that I glued on the inside of the back cover. 
 
I used super glue to glue them in place.  I also tried some with tacky glue, and that worked just as well. 
 
I left them open to let them dry as I worked on the others.  Twenty notebooks later, I was done. 
 
Going along with my polka dot themed classroom, as well as having polka dot ribbon, I also bought composition notebooks at Walmart that had circles on them.  :-) 
 
 
 
My wonderful husband was with me and helped me dig through the bins (at the back to school sales) to get enough of those kind for all of my kids.  I love him so!  
 

 
 
Gotta love polka dots!   
 
The kids love them and it gives them a little bit more of a personalized look with having them pick out their favorite color.  I have lots of ribbon left over to use for more fun projects (or next year for these) as well! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)