Monday, June 16, 2014

End of the year gifts!

So, again this year my teaching partner and I made these WORDLE gifts for our fourth graders as end of the year gifts.  



The original post with directions can be found here:


Originally, for the past two years until this year, we had mixed 3rd and 4th grade homerooms, so the 3rd graders would write down character traits about their fourth grade friends/classmates.  This year was a little bit different for me because my class was 4th grade only.  I came up with the words for each of them.  

*One trick that isn't included in the original post is how I went about it this year.  I typed their name about 12-15 times like before, and typed the words 3, 4, 5, or 6 times each.  After I finished a Wordle and printed it, I simply pushed the back button on the web browser and then the forward button.  ALL of the words you had typed are still there.  I changed the name and some of the words, but also kept some the same.  I also copied and pasted some of the different words (typed multiple times) into a Word document for easy access when I would need that set of words again.  I did ALL of the girls first, then did ALL of the boys next, making it easier to keep some of the words the same.  For example, I kept "sister" for all of the girls, and "brother" for all the boys, since none of my kids are only children.  :-)  

We bought the frames at the Dollar Tree and used bright colored scrapbook paper that I already had to back them.  

ENJOY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)