Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas presents for students!

Last year, I had 32 different students, so I wanted to do some that wasn't too expensive (about $14).  This is what I came up with...

 I bought the candy cane looking crazy straws at the Dollar Tree (I think there were 6 in a package) and boxes of hot chocolate at Wal-mart.  I cut out around the Christmas labels (while still on their backing) and punched a hole in it.  I also carefully punched a whole in the hot chocolate packet.  If you do this, be very careful not to puncture the packet.  I then used ribbon to tie it all together.  They really liked them.  It didn't take too long and it didn't cost too much.  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This year, I only have 17 students, so I did something that cost a bit more (about $23).  The weather had been bad and I had a lot going on, so I had one night to buy everything and put it together, along with everything else that had to get done.  I got everything at Wal-mart.  I got boxes of hot chocolate, small Christmas jigsaw puzzles, sliding picture puzzles, yo-yos, and bags to put them in.  This year's group LOVES puzzles!!  I wrote on the bags in Sharpie before filling them.  They were excited to get a "bag of goodies"!  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)