Saturday, December 21, 2013

Student mailbox revamp with binder clips!

I needed to do something about my mailboxes.  My parents bought them for me about 8 years ago and they were looking a little... haggared.  There had been lots of layers of labels.  I saw an idea on Pinterest and adapted it to what I wanted to do (and had time for).  

I had been wanting to get a label maker for quite a while now, so this was the perfect time to get one.  They are about $20 at Wal-mart.  


 I made labels to go on the front of binder clips.  On the top of the binder clips, I added some polka dot Smash tape to each. This is the tape I used...


 This is what the labeled binder clips looked like...


I was happy with how they came out.  I then took the plastic parts off the mailbox and covered them with purple duct tape.  I slid them back on, then put the binder clips on and it looked so much better!  Fairly simple fix!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)