Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Stool makeover!

This is something else that I have seen on Pinterest and have been wanting to do.  I finally got to this, also this summer. 
 
I don't sit often while teaching, but I do use this quite often during spelling pre-tests and spelling tests, etc. 
 
This is what the sad looking stool looked like before...
 
 

The lake is by far the prettiest thing in this picture.  It was pretty awful looking.... but it had served the purpose.  So now it looks like this...
 
 
So, now it is pretty while serving its purpose instead.  :-) 
 
The polka dot fabric is actually a bandana from Hobby Lobby that I had left over from the curtains I made. 
 
In case you were wondering about my curtains I made, here they are. 
 

 
 
I folded over bandanas and stitched them so they slid onto curtain rods.  I love them!  They were fairly expensive to do.  To buy enough for my four wide windows, it was about $30.  As I mentioned before, I bought them from the Hobby Lobby website.  This is the second year I have used them and I am not even close to being sick of them.  I still love them just as much as the first day they were up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)