Saturday, July 21, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

I found a recipe on Pinterest and tweaked it to fit what we like.  After I made it the first time, I no longer went by a recipe.  It is really delicious!  
 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.  I also line the glass pan I use with nonstick foil (if you don't, make sure you spray the glass pan).  First, you whisk eggs together in a bowl.  For a small 8x8 pan use 6-8 eggs depending on how moist you would like it.  I used 6 for this time and it was a little dry.  I then added a little bit of milk and whisk that in.  I added 4 cups of frozen shredded hash browns.  I added about a 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.  I then mixed in half a bag of Oscar Myer real bacon bits.  I poured the mixture into the pan.  On top, sprinkle the rest of the bag of bacon bits, another 1/4 cup of each shredded cheddar and mozzarella.  I also cover the pan with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.  Be sure to check to see if it is cooked through before serving.  

I forgot to take a picture of it before we dug in!  I also made a big pan of this when Will's family came.  That time I used an 11x13, 18 eggs and about 10 cups of frozen shredded hash browns.  It did take longer to cook.  They loved it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)