Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Craft Room update!

Once again I missed the midnight cut off.  We have been working hard the WHOLE afternoon/night!  It feels good to be able to sit down and relax.  :-)

The Craft Room is coming along nicely!  On Friday we had a surprise guest, one of Will's friends from high school that we hadn't seen since our wedding last year.  After Mike left we built a door frame, finished the base moulding, and shoe moulding.  Satruday we started to put up the crown moulding and Will had to build a header for the door and sheetrock and mud above the door frame.  Then we went to a wedding that afternoon as well.  Yesterday we had two more surprise guests, our friends that are getting married next weekend.  Then we worked more on crown moulding and finished sanding and mudding above the door.  Two of Will's brothers came later in the afternoon and were here for dinner.  Then Emily came to float in the lake and to watch The Bachelorette.  Today we finished mudding and sanding above the door (coat after coat after coat!) and painted it, AND FINISHED the crown moulding!  YAY!!!  It's now ready for a desk and shelves and all my craft stuff!!!  :-)  I am beyond excited.  I am so grateful that my husband worked so hard on it!!

I do have to say one thing before the pictures come.  I had bought some dark purple spray paint for a different project.  The other day out of the blue I asked Will what he thought about us spray painting the crown moulding purple.  He looked at me and said, I was thinking the same thing!  So, we tried it on a scrap piece and it looked great!  I am so excited about this.  It completely makes the room!  I love it!  The pictures don't completely do it justice, but you get the idea.  I am going to be posting more pictures shortly!  These were taken while we were still putting it up!  The first picture makes it look a little lighter in color than it actually is...





2 comments:

  1. Looks good Jenn. I like seeing your progress.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Craig! More pictures to come! We bought some furnishings for the Craft Room today and ordered the counter top for the desk. :-) Super excited!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)