Friday, July 13, 2012

Homemade Sweet Tea

Today it was almost 90, which is pretty warm for Maine.  So while we were working on the house, I decided I would try out a new idea I saw in the local newspaper.  

I placed four regular tea bags in the coffee maker with the tags dangling out.  I then measured 4 cups of water with the coffee pot and poured it in the top, just like making coffee.  I turned it on and waited for it to brew.  While I was waiting, I got out my Pampered Chef pitcher.  It has lines on it for every quart, which came in helpful for this.  I put a cup of sugar in the bottom of the pitcher.  As soon as the tea was done brewing, I poured it in the pitcher and mixed it so the sugar dissolved.  It was now up to the 1 quart line, due to it being 4 cups of tea.  Then I added 2 quarts of cold water.  This brought it to the 3 quart line.  I found it to be a little on the sweet side, which I really like, but if you prefer it a little less sweet, you could add ice or more water.  It was GREAT!  


I went to my friend Emily's house today to drop some things off to her and told her about it.  She wanted to make some too.  She only has a K-cup coffee maker so we used her tea kettle on the stove.  Also she only had a smaller pitcher that wouldn't fit the recipe I made, so we cut everything in half.  :-)

Talk about super cheap to make... just a little sugar and a few tea bags... :-)  AND it's YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)