Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Painted Bucket

Originally I had bought about a half dozen of these tall buckets from a friend who had just gotten married to use for my wedding last summer.  At the time they were white.  I lent them to a teacher friend for her daughter's wedding.  They needed them to be black to go with their decor, so that's what you see in this picture.  


I scuffed up the paint with a metal brush and then primed it with an oil based primer.  After it was dry I used a dark blue spray paint.  I lost track of how many coats I did.  I believe it was about 10 to get it as dark as I wanted it and to completely cover the white.  I am going to put this in our dining room with some twig type decorations in it.  


The flash causes it to not look as dark blue as it really is... but I love the outcome... even if it took that many coats of spray paint!  :-)  It'll look good against the chocolate walls in the dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)