Thursday, July 12, 2012

Yard Sale finds!

I am going to brag for a minute because I still can't get over what I was able to get today at a yard sale. Emily and I love going to yard sales!  You never know what you can find.  First, I found a two bags of yarn.  They were both labeled as baby yarn.  There were a total of 6 large skeins, 3 medium size, and 12 smaller or partially used skeins.  I LOVE using baby yarn.  I make so many baby blankets for baby showers.  This is what was in the bags...


THEN... as Emily and I walked around that table, there was a file crate container (it came with the top too, but it took it off before I took the pictures) with a bunch of spools of ribbon.  I also bought that.  It looked like this... 




  
So after I got home, I sat and pulled out the spools of ribbon, rewrapping some and taping the ends.  As I did that I placed them by color.  When I was done I was absolutely AMAZED that there were 123 spools of ribbon!!!  About 3/4 of them were brand new!!  4 of the rolls were polka dots, which is my theme for my classroom this fall.  After I laid them out, it looked like this...


What a great addition both of these things will make to my new craft room... that is nearing completion!  When all was said and done, I added up a low estimate of how much I would have paid at retail price if I would have bought all of the yarn and ribbon in a store.  Don't forget that there was also a file tote box included too!  It was over $130 dollars worth of goodies.  For all of this...


...I paid only $7.  :-)  I am one happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are more than welcome! :-)